Monday December 22nd
2nd Annual Fall Fantasy Dog Show
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: September 24, 2013
CONTACT: Jennifer Reichelt, Deputy City Manager – 455-8417
THE 2ND ANNUAL FALL FANTASY DOG SHOW
IS FAST APPROACHING!
GREAT FALLS, Montana – It’s time to show off your dog and all of its tricks! The Great Falls Animal Shelter is hosting the 2nd Annual Fall Fantasy Dog Show on Saturday, October 19, from 1 – 4 p.m. at F & L Pet Resort (2500 17th St. N.E., Black Eagle) with check-in starting at noon. The event features ten class competitions that highlight your dog’s unique and special strengths and skills. The event also features activities the whole family can enjoy including bandana making, caricatures and photos with your pet, pumpkin decorating and face painting. Concessions will also be available for purchase. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Shelter’s Adoption Fund, which help offset the cost of adoption.
Dogs and their owners can participate in up to ten class competitions throughout the day. Register by Wednesday, October 16, and the cost is only $4 per competition or $30 to participate in the full day line-up! For those who procrastinate, the price goes up to $5 per competition for day-of registration. Don’t delay - - sign up now. Competitions during the event include:
• Musical Sit – This event is played just like musical chairs.
• Dog/Owner Look Alike – Do you and your pet look alike?
• Waggiest Butt - For those dogs that just can’t stop wagging!
• Best Vocal – This class features canine crooners.
• Best Biscuit Catcher - For those pets that excel at snack eating.
• Best Hair – For the pet with the shiniest hair and best “do!”
• Most Mysterious Heritage - A class for those who cross all lines of breeds.
• Best Trick – Go ahead; show us your best trick!
• Best costume – Go all out for this one; you and your pet can both dress up for this competition.
• People’s Choice Award - This is the final class of the day and does not require registration. All participants who haven't placed in other classes throughout the day will join in this class. Everyone, including spectators will vote on the 'People's Choice.'
Registration packets and a detailed listing of each class category are available online at www.greatfallsmt.net/animalshelter, at the Animal Shelter (1010 25th Avenue NE) or the Civic Center (2 Park Drive South Room 8).
Even if you don’t have a dog, you don’t have to miss out on all the fun! Spectators as well as dog owners are encouraged to attend the event. For more information about the Fall Fantasy Dog Show contact Laura McElhinney, Volunteer Coordinator, at 564-3685.