City of Great Falls Animal Control

Lhasa Apso Dressed in an Officer Uniform

Animal Control

All Animal Control issues are handled by the Animal Control Officers under the Great Falls Police Department.  To speak with an Animal Control Officer please call the Police Department at 406-455-8492 (Dial 0 for Dispatch - Do not leave a message unless it is just a general question).  You may also visit the Animal Control web site for more information.

Below is a list of some of the situations Animal Control handles.

  • Animal Running at Large
  • Found a stray and you want it picked up
  • Animal Bite
  • Bat Issue
  • Animal Cruelty
  • Animal Welfare Checks
  • Dog Barking
  • Explaining city animal ordinances
  • Retrieve domestic animal remains
  • Issuing special animal permits and monitoring compliance

If you have any follow up questions after your initial report, you may speak with the Animal Control Supervisor:
Sgt. Slavik at 406-455-8522.

The Great Falls Animal Shelter houses and cares for animals brought in or surrendered to the Shelter, we do not handle animal control issues.