Wednesday December 18th
Political Signs and Campaign FAQ
1. Do I need a permit to place a political sign?
Political signs do not require a City sign permit. However, signage must be in compliance with City code in all other respects.
2. Are there limits on the size and height?
Political signs may be no larger than sixteen (16) square feet in area and four (4) feet in height.
3. When can I put up signs and when do I have to take them down?
Signs may be placed no earlier than 60 days prior to any election. Signs must be removed within seven (7) days after an election.
The general election is November 5, 2013.
4. Where can I place political signs?
Signage may be placed on private property with the owners’ permission. The sign must be placed a minimum 12’-0” away from the curb and out of the 45’-0” clear vision triangle at intersections. Signage is not allowed on public property in City boulevards, on boulevard trees, utility poles, street lights or signs, traffic poles and other public property.
5. Where can I go for more campaign information?