Sunday April 20th
Detective Sergeant Larry Brooks
Within the Investigative Services Bureau, there are three Sergeant positions. Two are assigned to the Russell Country Drug Task Force with specific duties related to that type of enforcement. The Detective Sergeant is responsible for the following duties for Case Detectives, Special Victim Detectives and the School Recource Officers:
- Supervises investigations of alleged crimes to ensure that thorough and comprehensive investigations are performed.
- Checks and approves reports prepared by detectives to ensure that each report meets the requirements for arrest and prosecution.
- Makes case assignments and uses case management tracking to ensure all cases are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists with performing internal investigations and criminal related investigations as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that each detective receives applicable training to perform his or her investigations to a professional standard.
- Represents the department at community meetings as required, which include Crime Stoppers, Critical Incident Stress Management and Fetal Infant Child Mortality Review Teams.
- Keeps the Lieutenant informed of any developments that he or she may need to coordinate the overall functioning of the bureau and department.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow