Thursday November 27th
Police Evidence Technician
The department has two civilian employees who are police evidence technicians. They are responsible for assisting officers with processing crime scenes and handling evidence. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Photograph crime scenes with digital, analog, or video equipment as part of processing the scene;
- Conducts searches and preserves physical evidence such as hair, fibers, dirt, body fluids, etc.
- Completes written reports as required to document crime scenes and the collection and preservation of evidence;
- Receives and stores physical evidence to maintain proper security and chain of custody of evidence until released for use in court proceedings;
- Makes appointments with attorneys and law enforcement personnel to review physical evidence in preparation for upcoming trials.
- Assists the Violent/Sex Offender Detective with assuring violent/sex offenders are registered.