Monday September 26th
Police Information Technicians
Currently, the police department has seven police information technicians. They are civilian personnel and are responsible for the following duties:
- Plans and organizes work flow activities, procedures and methods to meet department or bureau staff support needs;
- Documents and prepares background checks, insurance letters and police reports;
- Processes legal documentation prior to and after court proceedings;
- Provides information to law enforcement personnel by accessing and maintaining computerized information regarding criminal histories, active warrants, vehicle registrations, and similar information.
- Takes notes of meetings, opens and routes mail, creates and maintains complex filing systems.
- Must obtain CJIN/NCIC Certification.