Saturday August 1st
Police Records Specialist
The Police Records Specialist is a civilian employee who has an advanced responsibility for providing secretarial, clerical, and technical support to a department or division head or other high ranking city official. Work responsibilities extend to providing work direction, technical assistance and expertise to co-workers. Work is performed under the general direction of the Police Records/Budget Supervisor or other supervisory personnel.
- Plans and organizes work flow activities, procedures and methods to meet department or division staff support needs.
- Ensures staffing throughout business day and initially approves any flex/vacation time requests. Reports decisions to supervisor.
- Documents and prepares backgrounds checks, insurance letters and police reports.
- Composes, formats, creates and edits reports and correspondence so that the document is prepared efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Processes legal documentation prior to and after court proceedings.
- Provides information to law enforcement personnel by accessing and maintaining computerized information regarding criminal histories, active warrants, vehicle registrations and similar information.
- Provides input to the Police Records/Budget Supervisor regarding employee evaluations
- Takes notes of meetings; screens phone calls and visitors; opens and routes mail; creates and maintains complex filing systems.