Report a Crime Online - the GFPD investigates crime 24/7!

City of Great Falls Montana



DO NOT use this form  if the crime is happening right now or within the past 30 minutes, instead, call 911 or the Dispatch non-emergency number: (406) 727-7688, Option 5


False or malicious reports to authorities will be prosecuted

Use of this online system is entirely voluntary. and is provided for user convenience to report certain crimes which do not require a police officer response to the scene.

DO NOT use this form if:

  • The crime is a burglary - in other words, breaking into something which has four walls and a roof; for instance, if someone got into a garage and took a bike – this is a burglary and requires an officer response
  • Evidence needs to be collected; for instance: photos, video surveillance, or anything left at the scene by the suspect*
  • An officer has already responded to the complaint; the officer will complete the report
  • You know of a specific way that the suspect may be identified (such as the suspect’s name, where the suspect is, where the suspect lives, a suspect license plate, etc)
  • The crime occurred outside the city limits of Great Falls
  • The crime occurred more than six months ago
  • The crime involves a stolen vehicle or stolen firearm
  • The value of the stolen or damaged property is more than the felony amount of $1500
  • The crime is happening right now or within the past 30 minutes; instead, call 911 or the Dispatch non-emergency number: (406) 727-7688, Option 5

This form should be used for:

  • Non-emergency, misdemeanor, "cold call" type reports with no evidence*
  • Shoplifting reports (if the suspect is gone; with evidence is ok)
  • Theft of a bicycle, theft from an auto, theft of gasoline, general theft, etc.
  • Vandalism to vehicle, building, etc.
  • Suspicious activities or circumstances
  • Harassment and obscene phone calls
  • Trespassing complaints
  • Lost property
  • Informational complaints

* Evidence may include any item that the suspect brought to commit the crime and left behind. However, for this reporting purpose, this does NOT include things like a rock that was thrown through a window, or fingerprints on other surfaces which cannot be fingerprinted, such as dashboards of vehicles, etc.

When your report is processed in the Records Bureau, a number will be assigned and emailed to you. You must provide a valid email address in order to receive a report number by email.

Click here to make an original incident report

Use the Supplemental Report to document additional property loss. This can only be used if you have previously completed an original police report, either online or to an officer, and have an incident case report number (CR#); this is a four digit year, followed by five numbers, such as "2015-12345." The Great Falls Police Department cannot accept supplemental reports which do not have a matching original incident report. You cannot make up an incident number or leave it blank.

Click here to make a supplemental report online

Complete this form accurately and as completely as possible, this will help us screen your report for potential follow-up investigation. If you only have partial information (like part of a license plate or a person’s description), please give us whatever you have! If you need to report more than one crime incident, send us a separate report form for each one. However, if you have multiple items involved in one incident, such as owning two vehicles and both were vandalized, you only have to submit one report form.

If you have questions regarding this form or of another non-emergency nature, please call the Shift Commander at (406) 727-7688.

Please Note: cookies must be enabled to use the "Report a Crime" online forms. These cookies are destroyed when the report is submitted.