The Great Falls Police Dept. investigates crime 24/7!
In an Emergency, Call 9-1-1
This online reporting system is provided for user convenience to report certain crimes that do not require the presence of a police officer. Use of this online system is entirely voluntary.
To use this online report the crime must have occurred within the city limits of Great Falls; it must have occurred within the past six months and not within the past 30 minutes. If the crime you want to report is happening RIGHT NOW or happened in the past 30 minutes, do NOT use this form, call 9-1-1 or the non-emergency number at 406-771-1180. If you know the suspect’s name, where the suspect is, or where he/she resides, do not use this form.
This form should be used for:
- Non-emergency (cold) type reports only, and
- Crimes with no evidence (evidence can include any item that the suspect brought to commit the crime and left behind; evidence does NOT include: the rock that was thrown through a window, for instance. Also, it is not possible to lift fingerprints from many surfaces, i.e. dashboards of vehicles, etc.)
If you have questions regarding this form or of a non-emergency nature, please call the Shift Commander at (406) 771-1180. Please complete this form accurately and completely as possible. This will help us screen your report for potential follow-up investigation. Whenever you only have partial information (like part of a license plate or a person’s description), please give us whatever you have! If you need to report more than one type of crime, please send us a separate Report Form for each one. (If you own two vehicles and both were vandalized, you only have to submit ONE Report Form.)
When your report is processed in the Records Bureau, a number will be assigned and emailed to you. You must provide a valid email address in order to receive a report number by email.
Reporting of any crime that is false or malicious is punishable by law. All violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. All violators will be prosecuted for filing a false police report to authorities.
You may only use the Citizens Crime Report if you are reporting one of the following Misdemeanor Crimes:
- Theft General (if value under $1500.00)
- Shoplifting (if the suspect is gone)
- Theft of Gasoline
- Theft from Auto (if value under $1500.00)
- Vandalism to Vehicle/Building, etc. (if value under $1500.00)
- Bike Thefts
- Suspicious Activities/Circumstances
- Harassment/Obscene Phone calls
- Trespassing Complaints
- Lost Property
- Informational Complaints
- Other city misdemeanor offenses where there is no physical evidence and the suspect is not present.
DO NOT report stolen vehicles, stolen firearms or any thefts from an unattached or attached garage through this form. Please call dispatch at (406) 771-1180 to report these types of thefts.
Please Note: cookies must be enabled to use the "Report a Crime" online forms. These cookies are destroyed when the report is submitted.
Use the Supplemental Report to document additional property loss.
The supplemental report can only be used if you have previously completed a police report, either online or to an officer, and have an Incident Number. The Incident Case Report Number is a four digit year and five numbers, i.e. "2011-12345." You cannot make up an incident number or leave it blank. The Great Falls Police Department cannot accept Supplemental Reports that do not have a matching Incident Report.