Montana Code Anotated 2013
3-6-106. Sessions of court -- departments.
(1) The municipal court must be in *continuous session from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on every day except nonjudicial days. The judge may designate additional hours as the judge believes necessary. If there is more than one judge, each judge may hold a session of the court and may designate additional hours as the judge believes necessary.
*Open court is not in continuous session from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., the court window is. To see the Judge, you must check in at the times below.
Open Court Hours
- Monday: (DUI only) Check in between 10-10:30 am
- Tuesday: (Adult Session Only) Check in between 1-1:30 pm
- (Juvenile Session Only) Check in between 3-3:30pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: Check in between 9-9:30 am
*Payments will not be accepted during Tuesday adult open court check-in*
*If you come after the above listed times you can not see the Judge.*
- 9 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday; closed from Noon to 1:00 PM for lunch
***Phones will only be answered during the Cashier/Window hours***
Prisoner arraignments from court room via video from the Cascade County Detention Center:
- Mondays: 1:30 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:30 am
- Wednesdays: 9:30 am
- Thursdays: 8:45 am
- Fridays: 9:30 am
*If you wish to check-in to watch prisoner arraignments, you must check-in at the window and provide an ID. On Thursdays, court personell will check the hall before arraignments begin.*