Following are step by step instructions to identify the residences of Sexual and Violent Offender (SVOR) residences within the state. Searches may be by name, city, county, or within a certain distance of a particular address, such as your own home:
- Start at the following website: http://svcalt.mt.gov/svor/search.asp
- Choose the left side of the screen to search by a specific name or address of offender, or the right side to search within a certain distance of a particular address, such as from your own home address (see Image #1 below)
- Fill in the necessary info, including which radius (1 mile, 5 miles, 10 miles) to search, and what type of offender to search for
- After clicking "Search," a map will be generated; this can be zoomed in and out, and pausing over a pin on the map will display more info, including the offender's name and address; clicking on the name will bring up even more info, usually including a photo of the offender
- Below the map will be a listing of the addresses and offenders shown on the map, plus transient offenders (see Image #2 below)
We hope that you will use this system to help protect yourself and children from inadvertent contact with these offenders.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow