FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ross Bartell, Sanitation Supervisor, 406-771-1401
CHRISTMAS TREE RECYCLING
GREAT FALLS, MONTANA – Did you know that you can recycle your Christmas tree? Trees will be accepted at five convenient drop-off locations throughout Great Falls, December 26th - January 7th. Participants will receive a seedling, which can be picked up closer to Arbor Day.
Please recycle your live Christmas trees at the following locations:
1. Vacant lot adjacent from Eddies Supper Club – 3725 2nd Ave. N.
2. Meadowlark Park – Fox Farm and Park Garden Road
3. Snyder Drug parking lot – 2500 6th Ave. N.
4. Twilite Center parking lot – 201 Smelter Avenue N.E.
5. Malmstrom AFB – 600 block of Aspen Street. (This container will be removed on January 4, 2013)
Containers will be available from: December 26, 2012 through January 7, 2013.
- Remove all decorations, tree stands etc., (no flocked trees).
- Deposit your “live Christmas trees only” in the container.
- Fill out the form and put it in the canister so a certificate can be made out in your name. Limit of (1) seedling per residence.
- Please do not abuse this program or it may have to be discontinued.
- The trees are used to improve fish habitat or composted.
- This project is not for commercial tree disposal.
The seedling pick up location and dates will be announced in April closer to Arbor Day.
“Trees for a Greener Montana” is sponsored by the City of Great Falls and Montana Waste Systems, Inc.
If you have any questions, please call Public Works at 771-1401 or Montana Waste Systems at 761-2545.