FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ross Bartell, Sanitation Supervisor, 406-771-1401
CHRISTMAS TREE RECYCLING
GREAT FALLS, MONTANA – Please recycle your live Christmas trees at the following locations:
1. Vacant lot adjacent from Eddies Supper Club – 3725 2nd Ave. N.
2. Meadowlark Park – Fox Farm and Park Garden Road
3. Snyder Drug parking lot – 2500 6th Ave. N.
4. Twilite Center parking lot – 201 Smelter Avenue N.E.
5. Malmstrom AFB – 600 block of Aspen Street. (Base residents only)
Containers will be available from: December 26, 2013 through January 6, 2014.
- Remove all decorations, tree stands etc., (no flocked trees).
- Deposit your “live Christmas trees only” in the container.
- Fill out the form from the top of the canister and put it in the canister slot so your name can be added to the seedling list. Limit of (1) seedling per residence.
- Please do not abuse this program or it may have to be discontinued.
- The trees are used to improve fish habitat or composted. This project is not for commercial tree disposal.
- The seedling pick up location and dates will be announced in April closer to Arbor Day.
“Trees for a Greener Montana” is sponsored by: The City of Great Falls and Montana Waste Systems, Inc. If you have any questions, please call Public Works at 771-1401 or Montana Waste Systems at 761-2545.