Great Falls Municipal Court will no longer accept written letters. All correspondence/requests will need to be in the form of a legal document.
Attached is the Motion and the instructions to complete the Legal document.
It is the responsibility of the Defendant to ensure the Court has a current mailing address at all times. The Court will NOT respond to any Motions that do not include a mailing address.
The numbers below correspond with the numbers on the Motion on the following page.
- Print your name as the responsible party.
- Print your mailing address and phone number.
- Print the name of the Plaintiff or Plaintiffs. (In criminal or traffic cases, the Plaintiff is the City of Great Falls)
- Print the name of the Defendant or Defendants.
- Docket number – the Court will write in the appropriate Docket number. (If left Blank)
- Print your name.
- State what you are requesting.
- State the reason for your request.
** You must be specific. Include adequate information for the Judge to consider your motion. Remember that you must have good cause for any request you make.
- Fill in the date you are signing your motion.
- Sign the motion.
- File the original Motion with the Court.