Use of Hydrants to Receive Water

Construction water can be provided through a fire hydrant. A permit has to be taken out at the City Utility Division. The City Utility Division (727-8045 or 727-8390) will set a hydrant valve and meter after the permit is taken out. You will be charged for water used. The permit is $50. A deposit of $500.00 is required for a 1" meter setting, and a deposit of $1500.00 is required for a 2" meter setting.