Wednesday April 1st
Welcome to Public Works
Public Works is one of nine departments within the City of Great Falls. Under the leadership of Public Works Director, Jim Rearden, 113 full time employees work to help make Great Falls a safe and healthy place to live.
It is the goal of the Public Works Department to sustain a high quality of life through the administration and management of:
- solid waste disposal and management
- water resources use and management
- sewer collection and management
- project administration and financing
- management of the roadway systems and traffic control systems
- project design, construction and management
- vehicle/equipment purchasing and equipment revolving schedule management
The purpose of these pages is to inform you about the operations of Public Works and the responsibilities of each division. You will find current information on schedules and conditions affected by weather, holidays or construction.