Wednesday July 29th
78th Annual Pet & Doll Parade
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: July 10, 2012
CONTACT: Cindy Stein, Park & Recreation, 406-771-1265
78th ANNUAL PET & DOLL PARADE
‘Pirates on Parade’
THURSDAY, JULY 26th - 7:00 P.M.
GREAT FALLS, Montana – All Children are invited to take part in the 78th Annual Pet & Doll Parade on Thursday, July 26th at 7:00 pm. This event is FREE to children of all ages. Registration is ongoing at the Park & Recreation Office, 1700 River Drive North, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Late registration will be taken in front of the Civic Center from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm the day of the Parade. All participants need to be registered in the parade.
Prizes and special ribbons will be available for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in each category. All participants receive a Participant Ribbon. Judging will be done by nonpartisan judges beginning at 6:15 in front of the Civic Center, groups will be judged as one entry. Originality of costume is the top criteria of judging.
The Pet & Doll parade begins at 7:00; all participants will march down Central Avenue to 8th Street. Parents are required to be at the breakup area as soon as the parade is over to pick up your child.
- Pet Division (10 categories)
- Doll Division (8 categories)
- Sports Division (13 categories)
- Characterization Division (20 categories)
- Circus Division (8 categories)
- Occupational Division (7 categories)
- Cartoon Division (6 categories)
- Frontier Division (7 categories)
General Guidelines for the Pet & Doll Parade:
- Any child with an animal must be entered in the Pet Division
- Any child with a horse or large farm animal must be entered in the Frontier Division
- Any adults participating in the parade with their children must be dressed in costume
- No political signs or banners
- No motorized or battery-powered vehicles
- No advertising of products or services
- Sorry, no throwing candy to spectators
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow