Tuesday March 31st
80th Annual Pet & Doll Parade
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: July 15, 2014
CONTACT: Patty Rearden, Interim Director
Sr. Administrative Assistant
80th ANNUAL PET & DOLL PARADE
“BLAST FROM THE PAST”
THURSDAY, JULY 24th
Great Falls, Montana – All children are invited to take part in the 80th Annual Pet & Doll Parade on Thursday, July 24th at 7:00 pm.; and pets of course are welcome. This event is FREE to children of all ages. This year’s theme is “Blast from the Past”. Registration is ongoing at the Park & Recreation Office, 1700 River Drive North, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Participants will receive their identification/category tag at the Park and Recreation Office when they register. The tag must be worn during the parade and judging. Late registration will be in front of the Civic Center from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm the day of the Parade. All participants need to be registered in the parade.
Prizes and special ribbons will be available for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in each category. All participants receive a Participant Ribbon. Judging will be done by nonpartisan judges beginning at 6:15 in front of the Civic Center, groups will be judged as one entry. Originality of costume is the top criteria of judging.
The Pet & Doll parade begins at 7:00; all participants parade down Central Avenue to 8th Street. Spectators will have a great view all along the Central Avenue route. Parents are required to be at the breakup area as soon as the parade is over to pick up their children.
- Pet Division (10 categories)
- Doll Division (8 categories)
- Sports Division (13 categories)
- Characterization Division (20 categories)
- Circus Division (8 categories)
- Occupational Division (7 categories)
- Cartoon Division (6 categories)
- Frontier Division (7 categories)
General Guidelines for the Pet & Doll Parade:
- Any child with an animal must be entered in the Pet Division
- Any child with a horse or large farm animal must be entered in the Frontier Division
- Any adults participating in the parade with their children must be dressed in costume
- No political signs or banners
- No motorized or battery-powered vehicles
- No advertising of products or services
- Sorry, no throwing candy to spectators
Registration forms are available at the Park & Recreation Office, Community Recreation Center, and Natatorium Pool. Completed forms must be turned in at the Park & Recreation Office. For more information call 771-1265.