Thursday May 5th
Great Falls hosts events throughout the year, check out the Convention and Visitor Bureau calendar for upcoming events.
Great Falls' annual events reflect the character of our community. Some of our annual events draw national, and even international, participants; others are just a traditional part of life here; and a few are a little of both. Annual events are listed here based on the calendar starting with January event(s).
- The Montana PRCA Finals Rodeo is held in mid-January at the Four Seasons Arena at Montana ExpoPark.
Art Week (March)
- The Russell: The Sale To Benefit The CM Russell Museum http://cmrussell.org/the-russell
- The Great Western Living and Design Show
- Western Heritage Artist Association Art Show
- Manitou Gallery "March in Montana" Auction & Show
- One of the top ten Road Races in America
- Ice Breaker attracts runners from all over the world to Great Falls in late April.
- Central Avenue is closed the first Saturday in May for Cruisin' the Drag, a free annual classic and custom car, truck, and motorcycle show.
Alive @ 5
- Live music, food vendors, and children's activities at different locations around Downtown on Thursdays starting the first Thursday in June and running through the last Thursday in August.
- Rodeo fans: enjoy the Annual Belt PRCA Rodeo, and it's supporting events. The rodeo is held in June. Belt is only 20 miles from of Great Falls.
Taste of Great Falls
- On the third Thursday of June at Whittier Park and the Mansfield Convention Center, participants get a chance to sample specialties from local restaurants at the Downtown Association/Business Improvement District Taste of Great Falls.
Lewis and Clark Festival
- A mix of free and ticketed events celebrates Lewis, Clark and the Corp of Discovery who spent nearly a month in the Great Falls area on their way to the Pacific in 1805. The Festival is held the third weekend of June
- The Fourth of July in Great Falls: The day starts with the parade. Then maybe cooling off at the Electric City Water Park or hanging out down by the river. The White Sox usually have a home game. Oh, and top the day off with the annual community fireworks display!
Downtown Annual sidewalk Sale
- The Annual Sidewalk Sale Downtown is on the last Saturday in July with the Lions Club Pancake Breakfast from 7am - 11am on the corner of 4th Street and Central Avenue.
- A traditional part of growing up in Great Falls, the parade features costumed local kids with their pets and/or dolls. The Pet and Doll Parade is held the last Thursday of July.
- The Montana State Fair runs from the last Saturday in July to the second Sunday in August featuring night shows, rodeo, carnival, races, free acts, exhibits, and "Fair Food."
- The Downpour Festival is a free Christian music festival held yearly, usually in late summer.
Dancing with the Stars of Great Falls
- Held the fourth Thursday of September.
Parade of Lights
- Black Friday: Parade of Lights features parade entries lit with holiday lights. The parade ends with Santa lighting the tree in front of the Civic Center.
- First Friday in December
- People stroll Central Avenue sampling at the food vendors, shopping in the downtown stores, and listening live entertainment at the Downtown Association's Annual Christmas Stroll.
- Includes Polar Bear Plunge and the Showdown Rail Jam.
First Friday Art Walk
- Every month, galleries are open from 6-9 p.m. with FREE trolley rides, and many Downtown stores open late.