Sunday November 23rd
Great Falls' annual events reflect the character of our community. Some of our annual events draw national, and even international, participants; others are just a traditional part of life here; and a few are a little of both. Annual events are listed here based on the calendar starting with January event(s).
- The Montana PRCA Finals Rodeo is held in mid-January at the Four Seasons Arena at Montana ExpoPark.
- Art Week (March)
- The Russell: The Sale To Benefit The CM Russell Museum http://cmrussell.org/the-russell
- The Great Western Living and Design Show
- Great Falls Native American Art Show
- Western Heritage Artist Association Art Show
- Manitou Gallery Auction & Show
- Western Masters Art Show & Sale
- One of the top ten Road Races in America
- Ice Breaker attracts runners from all over the world to Great Falls in late April.
- Central Avenue is closed the first Saturday in May for Cruisin' the Drag, a free annual classic and custom car, truck, and motorcycle show.
Alive @ 5
- Live music, food vendors, and children's activities at different locations around Downtown on Thursdays starting the first Thursday in June and running through the last Thursday in August.
- Rodeo fans: enjoy the Annual Belt PRCA Rodeo, and it's supporting events. The rodeo is held in June. Belt is only 20 miles from of Great Falls.
Taste of Great Falls
- On the third Thursday of June at Whittier Park and the Mansfield Convention Center, participants get a chance to sample specialties from local restaurants at the Downtown Association/Business Improvement District Taste of Great Falls.
Lewis and Clark Festival
- A mix of free and ticketed events celebrates Lewis, Clark and the Corp of Discovery who spent nearly a month in the Great Falls area on their way to the Pacific in 1805. The Festival is held the third weekend of June
- The Fourth of July in Great Falls: The day starts with the parade. Then maybe cooling off at the Electric City Water Park or hanging out down by the river. The White Sox usually have a home game. Oh, and top the day off with the annual community fireworks display!
Downtown Annual sidewalk Sale
- The Annual Sidewalk Sale Downtown is on the last Saturday in July with the Lions Club Pancake Breakfast from 7am - 11am on the corner of 4th Street and Central Avenue.
- A traditional part of growing up in Great Falls, the parade features costumed local kids with their pets and/or dolls. The Pet and Doll Parade is held the last Thursday of July.
- The Montana State Fair runs from the last Saturday in July to the second Sunday in August featuring night shows, rodeo, carnival, races, free acts, exhibits, and "Fair Food."
- The Downpour Festival is a free Christian music festival held yearly, usually in late summer.
Dancing with the Stars of Great Falls
- Held the fourth Thursday of September.
Parade of Lights
- Black Friday: Parade of Lights features parade entries lit with holiday lights. The parade ends with Santa lighting the tree in front of the Civic Center.
- First Friday in December
- People stroll Central Avenue sampling at the food vendors, shopping in the downtown stores, and listening live entertainment at the Downtown Association's Annual Christmas Stroll.
- Includes Polar Bear Plunge and the Showdown Rail Jam.
First Friday Art Walk
- Every month, galleries are open from 6-9 p.m. with FREE trolley rides, and many Downtown stores open late.