Flood Protection and Permitting

Flood protection can involve a variety of changes to your house and property – changes that can vary in cost and complexity. If you aren't sure whether your house is at risk from flooding, check with:

Charles Sheets, CFM
Development Review Coordinator
Planning & Community Development.
Civic Center, P.O. Box 5021
Great Falls, Mt 59403
(406) 455-8431
Fax: (406) 452-3181
Web: Flood Protection Information

Flood protection and floodplain information documents and FIRM and floodway maps are available for review at the Civic Center Planning and Community Development Office and the Great Falls Public Library.

Here is addtional contact information for Floodplain Protection:

Cascade County Planning Office
121 4th Street North #2H-2I
Great Falls, MT 59401
(406) 454-6905
Fax: 1 (406) 454-6919
Web: http://departments.cascadecountymt.gov/planning

DNRC Water Resources
Floodplain Management
1424 9th Avenue
PO Box 201601
Helena, MT 59620-1601
(406) 444-0862
Web: http://dnrc.mt.gov/divisions/water/operations/floodplain-management

Phone: (800) 358-9616
Fax: (800) 358-9620
Web: http://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program

For more information on Floodplain Protection and Safety, click on the menu links in the sidebar to the right under Flood Protection.