Thursday October 8th
Residential Sanitation DO's & DON'Ts
DO place your trash in trash bags.
DO have your rollout container out before 7:00 AM on your collection day in the designated area.
DO have your container opening towards the street or alley.
DO have your rollout container placed in the curbline/parking lane area.
DO have your rollout container a minimum of 10 feet from any parked vehicles or other obstacles.
DO call us with any questions or concerns you have at the Public Works Operations Office at (406) 771-1401. IF IN DOUBT PUT IT OUT!
DON'T put hot ashes in the container, this can cause your container to catch on fire and melt.
DON'T leave items out within 10 feet of your container as they will be picked up as extras.
DON'T leave your container next to a fence or under garage eaves!
DON'T leave your container out all the time. This results in theft and illegal dumping. You are responsible for your container!
DON'T put hazardous waste in your garbage container.
DON'T remove hinge pins on containers as this could cause serious bodily injury.
DON'T roll or move containers with the lid open as this could cause serious bodily injury.
DON'T move alley containers, they have been placed to best provide service to 2-3 residential properties.
GUIDELINES FOR EXTRAS:
- Sanitation Crews cannot go onto private property. Extras must be placed 4 ft. from your roll-off or alley container.
- Each item must not weigh more than 75 lbs.
- Brush or tree limbs must be cut into four foot lengths and tied/bundled.
- Lawn clippings/leaves should be bagged or boxed and placed 4 ft. from your refuse container. If room please place bags inside of your refuse container.
- Extra houselhold trash should be in a 32 gallon container or smaller to avoid animals getting into your trash.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow